Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Brotherly love

Jake is definitely a three year old, testing the limits to see just what he can get away with and throwing fits for no apparent reason at all. He can go from the sweetest kid in the world to, well, not the sweetest kid in the whole world with no warning. It is exhausting and frustrating but then he does something that reminds you of what a little angel he really is. For example, the other day I was vacuuming the living room. Ethan was in his highchair and started looking like he wasn't really liking the whole vacuuming thing. Without me saying anything at all, Jake jumped off the couch, went over to Ethan, held his hand and said: Don't worry 'Essen', when I was a little baby I was scared of the vacuum too but now I'm a big boy and I'm not scared. You can hold my hand so you're not scared too cuz you're just a little boy still.

My heart melted.

Despite the times I feel like I will soon only have gray hair, I love him more than I could ever even begin to describe. He's my little man.


2 comments:

Amy said...

Jake is definitely a cutie! As for the testing stage, Saff, you are not alone. Daily -DAILY!- Peter and I wonder what the heck we did wrong with Simon. We just don't know what to do with him. He's constantly hurting Andrew (throwing toys at him, knocking him over, grabbing him by the neck, sitting on him, etc), he bugs Liam all day long just to hear him scream, spits water on the floor, screams and yells at us, talks back like a 16 year old... and yet we adore him. His behaviour however is really wearing on us. (sigh) Liam was so easy at this age. But, uh, I, um, never compare them...

Unrelated: We decided to homeschool Liam which means -among other things- a longer break at Christmas! Woo hoo! I'll be in Regina from Dec 14th-Jan 5th. We still don't know Peter's schedule yet, but are hoping for Dec 24-Jan 3rd for him.

Saffron said...

It'll be so great to see you. Perhaps we'll have lots of time to get our "angels" together to play! It'll be nice to have Peter home too!!